Friday, February 19, 2010

Understanding

Understanding



There are points in your life, where everything you believe in is shaken. Sometimes we do not understand why relationships get tested or people leave in and out of our lives. Even why we question our faith in God, but there are times, with the very best intentions, leaves us with the question, I just do not understand.
Just the other day, I was looking out the window, the cold wind blowing, and the snow swirling, I had a doubt in my soul, at this point in my life I realized I was still searching for something, or someone to fill the emptiness in my soul. I just did not understand how I allowed that to happen to me, but it does. It happens to most everyone, where we just do not understand.
So I reached down inside of me, as deep as I could, and I came to the conclusion, that I was focusing to much time on what I do not understand about life, people, death, and I decided to begin focusing on what is real, what I do know. I decided that it was time to peel back the layers of my doubt. It’s a process of being real to me, taking out what doesn’t work, and focusing on what does.
Where my true happiness lies, it lies within in me. It will take me more than a day, week or a month; it may even take years to unravel what I have done, but all we have is time. With each layer peeled back, I found something new. I found I had a lot of junk in my closet, things that didn’t fit, things that were old, things were definitely dusty, things that made me cry, and things that made me laugh.
I found time with God, time that I was not taking to really have a talk with him. When I finished God showed me, my job is not to try to understand the unexplainable, but let him lead me through the darkness into the light. God said he will never leave you or forsake thee. In cleaning out my closet, I renewed my spiritual relationship with the one person, who gives me peace, love, joy and happiness.
So when you just don’t understand, don’t trouble yourself, give it to God. And when you question your happiness, just start cleaning out your closet and throw out what doesn’t work, face reality, that life is an unpredictable journey, and true happiness comes from leaning, praying and depending on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment